FitGrid LIVE gives your studio the ability to live-stream multiple classes at the same time. We are currently offering this to all Silver and Gold level FitGrid customers on a per request basis. This guide explains the steps necessary to prepare for activating this feature. Once these steps are completed, contact a FitGrid representative to activate the feature.
How It Works
A Zoom user is required to host each meeting (class) and a Zoom user cannot host more than one meeting at the same time. For example, if you want to host 3 classes at the same time you will need 3 Pro level (or higher) users in your Zoom account. Each new Pro user will cost $14.99 per month (paid to Zoom).
Setup Step 1: User Setup
To understand how many new Zoom users you might need, consider the max number of classes you will have that start at the same time or that overlap each other. A class ending at 1:30 and a class starting at 1:30 do not count as concurrent. A one hour class starting at 1:00 and another one hour class starting at 1:30, are considered concurrent and will need 2 Zoom users.
What you'll need
- Access to Zoom account connected to FitGrid
- The ability to add licensed (paid/Pro) users to this account
- Access to the email addresses you use for the new user accounts
What to do
- Add additional licensed users (Pro or higher) to the Zoom account connected to your FitGrid account. Be sure to add enough new users to satisfy all the maximum number of concurrent classes.
- Need guidance? Click here to learn more
Setup Step 2: Classes Setup (in MINDBODY)
Your studio may already have overlapping classes left on the schedule, but not "Zoom Enabled" for FitGrid. If this is the case please skip to the next section. If you do not have any overlapping classes and would like to add them, please set them up as you normally would at times that overlap, but do not "Zoom Enable" them in FitGrid once they show up.
What you'll need
- At least one pair of overlapping/concurrent classes on your schedule. These can be public or they can be hidden, they can be real classes or they can be test/fake classes. These classes are needed so that we can verify your configuration.
What to do
- In Mindbody, go to your Home tab, select Services & Pricing from the submenu, click the classes link on the left, open an existing service category and click the +Add a Class under the Services & Pricing page.
- Need guidance: Click here to learn how
Setup Step 3: Let us know you're ready!
Once you've added the new users to your zoom account and at least one pair of concurrent classes, you're almost ready to go! All that's left is to contact FitGrid and we'll activate the feature once we've had a chance to review your configuration and confirm it's valid.
Verification takes less than 24 hours if these criteria have been met:
- New Zoom user accounts are licensed (paid/Pro)
- Overlapping (concurrent) classes exist on your schedule
- There are sufficient licensed users to support your amount of concurrent classes