What you’ll need:
- An instructor profile in MINDBODY with an email address you control
- A client profile in MINDBODY with an email address you control (must be different from the email address of the instructor AND the email address of the integrated Zoom account administrator)
- FitGrid Live integration with Zoom Pro
- Two separate devices (so you can join as both the instructor and the client)
What to do:
Step 1: Set up the class
- Create a new “TEST” class in MINDBODY, add the instructor you control as the teacher, and schedule the session to start 2 hours from now.
- On the next half-hour (e.g. :00 or :30), log into FitGrid LIVE and this class will appear on your list of classes (MINDBODY doesn’t update us automatically when you change your schedule, so we check for classes happening within the next 3 hours every half-hour).
- Check the box next to the class that says “Zoom Enable” and click the “Save Sessions” button.
Step 2: Add a test client
- In MINDBODY, add the client you control to the test class roster.
- The client should receive a confirmation email from FitGrid within minutes.
Step 3: Ensure that meetings are generated and links are delivered
- At approximately 60 minutes before class is scheduled to start, refresh the FitGrid LIVE page, click “Details,” and note whether the client on the roster is marked as having received a “Class Link” email.
- The client should receive an email with their unique link to class (Note: didn't receive the link email? This is probably why).
- Your Zoom account should show that a meeting has been automatically generated.
- At approximately 30 minutes before class is scheduled to start, refresh the FitGrid LIVE page and look for a “Start Class” button appearing next to the “Details” button. Click “Details,” and note whether the instructor is marked as having received a “Start Class” email.
- The instructor should receive an email with their unique link to begin class.
Step 4: Join the class as both instructor and client
- Sign out of your Zoom Pro account on all devices (this is important–it allows you to sign in as the instructor would, instead of as the account owner).
- Click the instructor link from one device to start the live stream.
- Click the client link from the other device to join the live stream.
Step 5: Fine-tune your audio and video
- Check out our audio configuration guide here.
Note: If your studio uses the Spotlight feature in Zoom, it will not appear as an option in testing if you are hosting a meeting with fewer than 3 people.