Modify the template below to match your style. Please note that this template corresponds to our "FitGrid LIVE and Mindbody Configuration" best practices article, so if you're not following those steps, you'll need to update the language below accordingly.
We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream classes so that we can continue to serve the community and teach during this uncertain time.
Here’s how it works:
- We've created a schedule of virtual classes in Mindbody.
- Students can sign up for classes through Mindbody the way they always do.
- You'll need to make sure to set your email account so that messages from "firstname.lastname@example.org" always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam. Here's a guide.
- 30 minutes before your class is scheduled to start, you'll receive an email from FitGrid containing a link to start the live stream.
- Set up your device (computer, tablet, or smartphone) and prepare your music and headset.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Click the link in the email from FitGrid to begin the live stream via Zoom.
- If you have the Zoom application on your device already, you’ll join immediately.
- If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
One more note: you may have received an email from FitGrid inviting you to their instructor app in the last few days. This is a totally different feature that we're going to set up with FitGrid after we've got live streaming figured out. So don't worry about that email or the app for now.
If you have any questions, please reach out. This will be a big change for all of us, but by learning this new technology, we can make our community stronger even when we're apart.