FitGrid LIVE links are designed to be one-click wonders–when you get an email granting you access to class, you just click. The Zoom app opens, your meeting ID and password are automatically entered, and you get to enjoy the class!
But sometimes, you might run into a complication and Zoom will ask you to enter the meeting ID or password. How can you find this information quickly?
Every Zoom access link has a standard format:
https://zoom.us/ w / xxxxxxxxxx ? yyy = zzzzzzzzzz
Note the four variables: w, x, y, and z.
- w represents the type of link this is. Don't worry about this too much.
- x is the meeting ID. This is a string of numbers, usually 9, 10, 11, or 12 digits. Everything between (and not including) "/w/" and "?" is part of the meeting ID.
- y is the precursor to the password. It changes depending on the variable w. Don't worry about this one either.
- z is the link's unique password. It comes right after the "=" sign.
So all you have to do is this:
- Copy everything between the "/" and the "?" and paste it into the meeting ID field.
- Copy everything after the "=" and paste it into the password field.